Saturday, January 15, 2011

Run?

Do I run? No. I consider my pace a quickened slow crawl- a turtle's journey towards the elusive hare speed. I run because I can. I run because there is no physical reason for me NOT to run. I run because it clears my mind and filters negative emotion from the positive. I will never force anyone to run but rather ask them to join me in celebrating the power of being and enjoying what is while it's at our grasp.

That being said- I tossed my cap in for the 2011 ING New York City Marathon.

And got accepted.

This blog will serve as my daily accountability- training log, eating log, being log, emotional log from now (January 15th) until that fateful cold day in November when I face my ultimate challenge- to run 26.22 miles and cross all five boroughs of my home state- and smile.

And cry tears of joy.

The part I enjoy most about this experience is that it will give me a chance to see exactly what i've been doing and i'll have it all logged so that I can modify it on the spot. I know i've been a bad eater - I know i don't get enough fluids in and it causes imbalances on longer than 10 mile runs - and more importantly, I KNOW i need core exercise.

That being said, I'm off to the gym- to start day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment